PRINCIPAL LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
|Location||Somerset and UK wide|
|Hours||Full Time, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday with ½ hour lunch break, equating to 37.5 hours per week plus any additional hours as required by the role|
|Position type||Paid and permanent|
|Contact name||Helen Ward|
|Contact telephone||01823 652425|
First Ecology is an environmental consultancy committed to upholding best practice standards whilst also achieving pragmatic project outcomes. Our vision is to contribute to the creation of inspirational environments that are enjoyed and valued by people and wildlife.
To deliver services of the highest quality, First Ecology is committed to the recruitment and training of talented individuals with the expertise to provide technical advice and support on development, research, conservation and management schemes across the UK. We specialise in ecology, arboricultural and landscape services but routinely work collaboratively as part of multidisciplinary teams.
Due to our dedicated work ethic and positive approach, we have established a broad customer base which extends across public, private and commercial sectors. This affords a diversity of project types from minor habitat management tasks to participation in national development projects and ensures a varied and interesting project portfolio.
All profits generated from First Ecology operations are returned to the parent company, Somerset Wildlife Trust, to support their charitable conservation work across the county.
The Principal Landscape Architect is responsible for delivering a range of landscape consultancy and advisory services for a variety of projects and contracts across the UK. The role entails business development including setting and managing annual budgets and performance targets for the discipline, and networking and liaising with clients, contractors and statutory agents. There will be a necessity to manage and support a growing team of landscape architects. In addition, the position will require the undertaking of specialist surveys; and the production of high-quality technical drawings and reports, where appropriate in collaboration with ecological and arboricultural outputs.
- Direct the expansion of the business via the application of industry insight and market trends.
- Ensure that necessary skill sets and capacity are available to enable project delivery.
- Identify viable tender opportunities and inform the proposed service solution.
- Coordinate and/or undertake landscape services including landscape and visual impact services, the preparation and implementation of landscape designs and management plans.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of associated services including, biodiversity net gain and BREEAM assessments and biodiversity enhancement strategy delivery.
- Ensure the delivery of the landscape project workload in accordance with budget, timescale and professional standards.
- Develop and manage a team of landscape architects.
- Analyse performance data and trends to inform changes in resources, systems and operations.
- Professional experience in a similar role within a landscape, or multidisciplinary, consultancy (a minimum of 10 years preferred).
- Educated to degree level or MSc level in a relevant discipline or disciplines.
- CSCS card holder (*optional)
- Full UK driving licence.
- Exemplary professional conduct.
- Highly competent in the use of office programmes, and design software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal qualities consistent with First Ecology values
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working hours if required.
- Professional membership(s)
- Paid training as part of an individual CPD commitment and the opportunity to progress professionally
- TOIL system, with the potential to work from home
- Work uniform
- Company vehicle use
- Working alongside a positive and friendly team
To apply send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is the 28th March 2022. Interviews will be held the week commencing the 7th April 2022.
No recruitment agencies or previous applicants please.