- Artificial refuge presence / likely absence surveys
- Artificial population size class assessments
- Monitoring surveys
- Identification of potential direct and indirect impacts, both at the site level and in a wider perspective: risks of disturbing, injuring or killing reptiles, habitat modification, loss, fragmentation or isolation, post development interference impacts and poor data situations or ‘last minute discoveries’.
- Quantification of potential impacts in terms of extent, magnitude, duration, timing, frequency, reversibility and cumulative effects.
- Strategic advice on project feasibility.
Preparation of licence applications to permit otherwise unlawful acts in relation to sand lizard and smooth snake.
- Precautionary working method statements
- Tool box talks
- Ecological clerk of works
- Capture and translocation of reptiles including destructive searches and habitat manipulation.
- Receptor site selection
- Habitat design plans including hibernacula, refuges, basking sites and beneficial planting and landscaping schemes
- Mitigation management plans