First Ecology offers a wide range of volunteer positions to suit all abilities and availabilities. All positions provide a valuable contribution to the operation of First Ecology but also provide the following volunteer benefits:
- Advance your career: volunteering will provide career experience and teach valuable skills including teamwork, communication, problem solving, project planning, task management, and organisation.
- Fun and fulfilment: volunteering is a fun and easy way to explore your interests and passions. Doing volunteer work you find meaningful and interesting can be a relaxing, energising escape from your day-to-day routine of work, school, or family commitments.
- Exercise your mind and body: volunteering will increase your self-confidence, self-esteem and life satisfaction by giving you a natural sense of accomplishment, sense of pride and identity. Volunteering can also help you combat depression by keeping you in regular contact with others and helping you to develop a solid support system, which in turn protects you against stress and depression when you’re going through challenging times. Furthermore, our positions will help you to stay physically healthy. Volunteering is good for your health at any age, but it’s especially beneficial in older adults.
- Increase your social connections: volunteering is a great way to meet new people, especially if you are new to an area. Volunteering also strengthens your ties to the community and broadens your support network, exposing you to people with common interests, neighbourhood resources, and fun and fulfilling activities.
First Ecology would like to hear from anyone who would like to volunteer in the following positions in 2017:
- Trainee bat surveyors
- Trainee reptile surveyors
- Trainee Ecologist Intern
First Ecology also have the following office-based positions available for volunteers:
- Data entry assistant
- Bat sound analysis assistant
- Website contributors
- Social media assistant
- ISO9001 quality manager assistant
- Equipment management assistant
If you are interested in volunteering for First Ecology please could you fill in the form below and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org