|Hours||Full-time (37.5 hours per week)|
|Closing date||2nd February 2020|
|Contact name||Helen Ward|
|Contact telephone||01823 652425|
First Ecology is an environmental consultancy committed to upholding best practice standards whilst also achieving pragmatic project outcomes. To deliver services of the highest quality, First Ecology is committed to the recruitment and training of talented individuals with the expertise to provide technical advice and support on development and conservation schemes across the UK. We specialise in ecology, arboricultural and landscape services but routinely work collaboratively as part of multidisciplinary teams. Due to our dedicated work ethic and positive approach, we have established a broad customer base which extends across public, private and commercial sectors. This affords a diversity of project types from minor habitat management tasks to participation in national development projects and ensures a varied and interesting project portfolio. As well as offering an engaging and rewarding career, your work will generate unrestricted funds which will be returned to the parent company, Somerset Wildlife Trust, to support their charitable conservation work across the county.
First Ecology appreciates the valuable contribution of senior colleagues within the business and is keen to support you in pursuing further career development. As a Senior Ecologist you will have the opportunity to expand your commercial and managerial skills whilst also progressing technically. In addition, you will benefit from a predominantly office-hours working pattern and attractive remuneration package.
The role is responsible for supporting a team of ecologists to deliver services to an exceptional standard within agreed budgets and timescales and fully ensure client satisfaction. This will require focus across financial, human resource and technical aspects of the business.
- Strategic planning: input into First Ecology’s annual budget and business plan, monthly income and expenditure accruals, and regularly review performance and act to attain targets.
- Sales: take a lead role in maintaining and building strong working relationships with existing clients. Recognise quote opportunities and contribute to the preparation of tender responses, track projects throughout their lifespan and constantly seek to improve operations and outputs.
- Leadership and mentoring: take pride in developing a team of ecologists through ongoing mentoring and training; and encourage adherence to First Ecology’s standard procedures and policies.
- Project delivery: undertake and assist projects where high-level technical input is required to obtain and implement protected species mitigation licences.
- 5-10 years consultancy experience with a history of holding protected species survey and mitigation licences.
- Educated to degree level or MSc level in a relevant discipline or disciplines
- Holder of a full UK driving licence
- Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Holder of a current CSCS card to site visit level or above
- Exemplary professional conduct
- Exemplary office conduct
- Personal qualities consistent with First Ecology values
- Commercially focused with a commitment to delivering working to a high-quality in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Highly competent in the use of office
- Work in a friendly and supportive team with a relaxed office atmosphere.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and three days discretionary leave at Christmas.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Paid training as part of an individual CPD commitment (e.g. protected species courses)
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to progress professionally
- Personal protective equipment and work uniform
- Company vehicle use.
To apply send your CV to Helen Ward (Consultancy Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is the 2nd February 2020. Interviews will be held the week commencing the 10th February 2020.Enquiries are welcome by telephone to 01823 652425 please ask for Helen.No recruitment agencies or previous applicants please.