|Location||Callow Rock Offices, Shipham Road, Cheddar, Somerset, BS27 3DQ|
|Hours||Full time (37.5 hours per week)|
|Closing date||5th February 2020 (17:00)|
|Contact name||Helen Ward|
|Contact telephone||01823 652425|
First Ecology is an environmental consultancy committed to upholding best practice standards whilst also achieving pragmatic project outcomes. To deliver services of the highest quality, First Ecology is committed to the recruitment and training of talented individuals with the expertise to provide technical advice and support on development and conservation schemes across the UK. We specialise in ecology, arboricultural and landscape services but routinely work collaboratively as part of multidisciplinary teams. Due to our dedicated work ethic and positive approach, we have established a broad customer base which extends across public, private and commercial sectors. This affords a diversity of project types from minor habitat management tasks to participation in national development projects and ensures a varied and interesting project portfolio. As well as offering an engaging and rewarding career, your work will generate unrestricted funds which will be returned to the parent company, Somerset Wildlife Trust, to support their charitable conservation work across the county.
First Ecology is seeking to appoint a natural administrator in this varied and enjoyable role. The position presents the chance to work in the environmental sector whilst being primarily office based with no requirement to work unsocial hours. You will be a critical member of the technical team with involvement in a wide variety of aspects of the business. You will also have the opportunity to represent First Ecology to new clients and liaise with existing clients to ensure they are happy with our service.
The position involves taking responsibility for a variety of business-critical processes and ensuring the effective functioning of technical operations though the completion of marketing, financial, asset and human resource related tasks.
- Source promotional equipment and materials including branded uniforms, branded vehicles, hard-copy leaflets and business cards.
- Website and social media maintenance and updates including the identification of relevant promotional themes and regularly publishing related content.
- Prepare, submit and record quotes and obtain feedback.
- Issue invoices for works completed and undertake debt chasing duties.
- Take responsibility for meeting administration.
- Maintain accreditations and subscriptions (e.g. ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, CIEEM, AA, WTC).
- Renew First Ecology’s insurance policies.
- Take ownership of equipment purchase and maintenance.
- Complete vehicle checks and arrange servicing, road tax and MOTs.
- Coordinate and play a significant role in the recruitment and induction of new members of the team.
- Educated to degree level or MSc level in a relevant discipline or disciplines
- Holder of a full UK driving licence
- Exemplary professional conduct
- Exemplary office conduct
- Personal qualities consistent with First Ecology values
- Commercially focused with a commitment to secure work which can be delivered to a high-quality and in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Highly competent in the use of office
- Work in a friendly and supportive team with a relaxed office atmosphere.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and three days discretionary leave at Christmas.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Paid training as part of an individual CPD commitment (e.g. protected species courses)
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to progress professionally (e.g. survey licenses)
- Personal protective equipment and work uniform
- Company vehicle use.
To apply send your CV to Helen Ward (Consultancy Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is the 5th February 2020 (17:00). Interviews will be held the week commencing the 10th February 2020.
Enquiries are welcome by telephone to 01823 652425 please ask for Helen.
No recruitment agencies or previous applicants please.