|Location||Callow Rock Offices, Shipham Road, Cheddar, Somerset, BS27 3DQ|
|Hours||Full time (37.5 hours per week)|
|Closing date||5th February 2020 (17:00)|
|Contact name||Helen Ward|
|Contact telephone||01823 652425|
First Ecology is an environmental consultancy committed to upholding best practice standards whilst also achieving pragmatic project outcomes. To deliver services of the highest quality, First Ecology is committed to the recruitment and training of talented individuals with the expertise to provide technical advice and support on development and conservation schemes across the UK. We specialise in ecology, arboricultural and landscape services but routinely work collaboratively as part of multidisciplinary teams. Due to our dedicated work ethic and positive approach, we have established a broad customer base which extends across public, private and commercial sectors. This affords a diversity of project types from minor habitat management tasks to participation in national development projects and ensures a varied and interesting project portfolio. As well as offering an engaging and rewarding career, your work will generate unrestricted funds which will be returned to the parent company, Somerset Wildlife Trust, to support their charitable conservation work across the county.
First Ecology is keen to support your continued professional development as an arboriculturist. We will help you to develop your expertise through close working with senior arboriculturists and formal external training. There will also be ongoing opportunities to collaborate with our ecologist team to enhance your appreciation of issues which affect both disciplines. Working alongside our clients and statutory consultees you will be able to expand your professional network and reputation whilst informing the design and build of a diversity of projects from small scale property development to large scale woodland management. We will ensure that you are well equipped and proficient in the use of systems and programmes for efficient data capture and sharing; and to ensure you are up to date with any advances in arboriculture, we will fund membership of the Arboricultural Association and related subscriptions. Though regular discussions, we will transparently convey the requirements for promotion to ensure that, if you wish, you are able to target your efforts towards career progression.
The position involves assisting clients to assess and manage their arboricultural assets in accordance with BS 5837:2012 Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction. Recommendations. This will involve critical reviews of project proposals, desk-based research to identify any preservation orders and conservation areas and site surveys to capture baseline data. You will have the opportunity to prepare tree constraints plans using CAD and liaise with clients, the design team and local authority representatives to influence the development layout to protect valuable features and compensate for any necessary removals. Once detailed designs are finalised, you will be responsible for the production of arboricultural method statements and tree protection plans for sites; and their successful implementation. As the project manager you will hold responsibility for ensuring that all inputs are of a high-quality and delivered in a cost-effective and timely manner. In addition, the role will involve supporting the work of senior colleagues undertaking complex, largescale and/or bespoke work for significant national clients.
- Educated to degree level or MSc level in a relevant discipline or disciplines (e.g. an Arboricultural Qualification to NQF Level 4 (FdSc Arb) or equivalent)
- Holder of a full UK driving licence
- Professional membership of an arboricultural organisation or eligible for membership
- Holder of a current CSCS card to site visit level or above or eligible
- Exemplary professional conduct
- Exemplary office conduct
- Personal qualities consistent with First Ecology values
- Commercially focused with a commitment to delivering working to a high-quality in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Highly competent in the use of office
- 3-4 years arboricultural consultancy experience
- Work in a friendly and supportive team with a relaxed office atmosphere.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and three days discretionary leave at Christmas.
- Membership of the Arboricultural Association
- Paid training as part of an individual CPD commitment
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to progress professionally
- Personal protective equipment and work uniform
- Company vehicle use.
To apply send your CV to Helen Ward (Consultancy Manager) at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is the 5th February 2020 (17:00). Interviews will be held the week commencing the 10th February 2020.Enquiries are welcome by telephone to 01823 652425 please ask for Helen Ward.No recruitment agencies or previous applicants please.